I started using Twitter in April of 2008. Fairly new to this phenomena, I set up an account after catching wind of it from a close friend of mine. I spent the first few hours trying to figure out how this social network would catch on. By the end of the week, I was hooked. Since then, I’ve met hundreds of people, built new relationships and contacts, and have seen Twitter grow from 400,000 to over 7,000,000 in just a year. Now, everybody’s on Twitter. You’d be surprised to find your parents on it. lol.
However, some of us are a little more addicted to Twitter than others. Sad to say, Twitter has become a part of our lifestyle. With an average of 27,000,000 tweets a day flying across the web and mobile devices, it wouldn’t be too far-fetched to see cases of people being diagnosed with an addiction to Twitter. Can you imagine an MTV episode of “True Life: I’m a Twitterholic”?
Here are 10 signs that you may be a Twitterholic:
- You search Twitter more than you search Google.
- You leave comments on blogs with your @username.
- Your followers know more about your life than your family and friends.
- You constantly check to see if you’ve been retweeted.
- You got a tattoo with the Twitter logo or bird.
- You tweet more than you text.
- You tweet while driving.
- You stay up after hours on Twitter in fear of “missing out”.
- You prefer to tweet someone than to meet someone.
- You’ve read the last 9 signs, and said to yourself, “That sounds like me”.
Your turn. What are some other signs that someone may be a Twitterholic? Are you a Twitterholic?